How Can We Help You?
It's important to us that our patients understand their dental care. These are a selection of some common questions that patients have. If your question isn't answered here, please contact us. We are always happy to answer questions about our services and procedures.
Over the years, Dr. Heday has developed specific techniques to help minimize any discomfort you might experience. Her gentle touch and practice methods are what people admire and remember most. She also uses leading-edge dental technology to improve treatment outcomes, enhance patient comfort, and reduce recovery times.
For some procedures, Dr. Heday also uses local anesthetics to numb the area in the mouth where she’s working, so patients don’t experience pain or discomfort.
No Two Patients Are Alike
Every patient is different, so no two treatments are the same. We do not practice one-size-fits-all dentistry, and we customize each service to meet your specific needs.
If you have dental anxiety and need extra help relaxing, oral sedation or nitrous oxide (laughing gas) may be viable options. We also offer weighted blankets, neck pillows, and Bluetooth Bose headphones.
Before your treatment, Dr. Heday will determine if oral sedation or laughing gas will work for you.
Our Sedation Dentistry Options
Oral sedation is used for pain control and anxiety relief, and dentists often prescribe it before a specific type of treatment.
Nitrous oxide is a mild sedative. It’s inhaled through a nasal tube or soft mask, and the gas takes effect within a couple of minutes of breathing it in. Most patients feel dreamy and relaxed while using nitrous oxide, and the effects wear off within minutes of discontinuing use.
Both oral sedation and nitrous oxide are examples of conscious sedation. This means patients are awake and can still communicate with the dentist if needed. However, many patients seem to simply enjoy the calming sensation sedation gives them, and they become comfortable and cooperative.
Contact us to learn more about our approach to gentle dentistry.
We take the safety of our patients and our staff very seriously. From the moment you enter you can see signs of us taking precautions to protect all patrons. We regularly clean the lobby area, the door handles, countertops and light switches. Common areas and bathrooms are cleaned daily.
In the treatment area, we use HEPA air Purifiers in each operatory. All surfaces are thoroughly cleaned between each patient. All instruments are sterilized.
The Bluetooth headphones and pillows are covered with disposable coverings. And blankets and other tools we use to keep you comfortable are washed between each patient.
We also keep ourselves informed of the latest CDC and ADA guidelines. We are here to care for your oral health in a comfortable and clean environment.
Dr. Saba Heday has worked in her hometown for the past ten years seeing patients from all ages and all walks of life. Meeting different people and helping them is one of the reasons she wanted to be a dentist since she was a child.
After she earned her Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in engineering, she pursued dentistry to fulfill her lifelong dream. Now, Dr. Heday spends her days treating patients from the Desert Foothills community and giving them a reason to keep smiling.
Comprehensive Dental Care for All Ages
Whether you have a one-year-old or you are 101, we can take care of your dental needs and give you the healthy, beautiful smile you have always wanted. We offer a range of services, from teeth whitening and Invisalign to sleep apnea and TMJ treatments.
We truly are a comprehensive dental practice that caters to the individual needs of every patient who walks through our doors.
Exceptional Service with a Smile
Everyone at our dental practice loves working with families and individuals with varying smile goals and oral health needs. Our goal is to provide the best care available with compassion, integrity, and professionalism. We believe this comes through with every interaction we have with our patients and their loved ones.
To schedule your dental appointment or a loved one's checkup, please contact us today.
Dr. Saba Heday is a highly accomplished dentist, engineer, and scholar from Arizona. At the age of 16, Dr. Heday earned her GED and immediately began college. She earned her BS in Electrical Engineering with honors from Arizona State University and her MS in Biomedical Engineering from Arizona State University where she studied Immune Response In Silico (IRIS).
Doctor of Dental Surgery
She earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), one of the top dental schools in the nation. UCSF is also a national leader in research and preventive dentistry, and Dr. Heday excelled in her studies during her doctoral program. During her doctoral program, her research focused on bonding and laser-treated teeth.
General Practice Residency
Dr. Heday completed the General Practice Residency at the San Diego VA Hospital, which gave her the opportunity to treat complicated dental issues for veteran patients. During this time, Dr. Heday discovered a deeper appreciation for our nation’s veterans and active service members. She considers it a great honor to have had the opportunity to treat veterans during her residency, and she looks forward to helping more patients of all ages and backgrounds have healthier, brighter smiles.
Expanding Education and Artistic Skill in Dentistry
With a highly motivated, skilled, and knowledgeable dentist like Dr. Heday, you can be certain you will receive the best dental care available. Dr. Heday loves her patients, and she is dedicated to practicing and perfecting the science and art of dentistry. In her spare time, Dr. Heday seeks new opportunities to deepen her knowledge and skills in the dental field, so she can continue to grow as a family dentist in Scottsdale, AZ.
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that regularly scheduled dental cleanings and examinations are essential for optimal oral health, as determined by your dentist. Every patient is different, so every patient requires customized treatment to address their dental health. Many patients visit us for dental exams and cleanings every six months.
What to Expect at Your Dental Checkup
At Dynamite Smiles Dentistry, we provide comprehensive dental care to patients of all ages, focusing on preventive dentistry and patient education. Dental exams and cleanings allow us to thoroughly remove plaque, monitor your oral health, and prevent cavities and oral diseases.
During dental exams and cleanings, we:
- Take digital dental x-rays
- Check for signs of cavities, gum disease, and other concerns
- Screen for oral cancer, TMJ, bruxism, and sleep apnea
- Remove tartar and bacteria buildup from the teeth and beneath the gums
- Polish teeth for a more sparkling smile
- Apply fluoride and sealants for children, if needed
- Address your oral health concerns and goals
With the help of specialized dental instruments, a dental professional is the only person who can thoroughly remove plaque buildup from your teeth and gums.
Are You Ready for a Healthier Smile?
At Dynamite Smiles Dentistry, we pride ourselves on providing gentle and detailed care so you can enjoy your healthiest smile. To schedule a dental exam and cleaning for yourself or a loved one, please contact our Scottsdale dental office today.
Dr. Saba Heday is a highly skilled and experienced cosmetic dentist in Scottsdale, AZ who combines her expertise in dentistry and her artistic abilities to create stunning smiles that last.
Our smile makeovers are successful because we look at your facial features, skin tone, eye color, and your smile’s shape to create a natural, beautiful look.
Our cosmetic dental services include:
- Teeth whitening–We offer in-office and take-home whitening so you can maintain your brightest smile.
- Invisalign—Invisalign can straighten your teeth and realign your bite discreetly and comfortably, which many of our patients appreciate.
- Veneers—Our veneers are strong and reliable, and they conceal various imperfections, such as chips, breaks, discoloration, slightly crooked teeth, and others.
- Dental crowns—Crowns can restore broken, decayed, and discolored teeth. We also use crowns to secure a dental bridge or accompany dental implants.
- Dentures—We offer various types of partial and complete dentures to replace missing teeth.
- Dental bridges—Bridges fill the gaps between teeth when a patient has one or two consecutive missing teeth.
- Dental implants—Dental implants are a long-term tooth replacement option that can last for a lifetime.
- Dental bonding—Dental bonding can repair chips, stains, gaps, and more.
- Tooth-colored fillings—Tooth-colored fillings look aesthetic and match the natural shade of your teeth.
- Smile makeovers—Dr. Heday can design a new and improved smile using a combination of our cosmetic dental treatments.
Dr. Heday will design your smile with your needs, goals, and preferences in mind, so you can receive the exceptional results you have always wanted.
When you are ready to repair, restore, or recreate your smile, please give us a call, and we will be happy to help you.
Invisalign is considered to be one of the most innovative orthodontic systems available, and Dynamite Smiles Dentistry is proud to offer Invisalign at our Scottsdale dental office. Invisalign uses clear aligners to gradually move teeth into position so you can enjoy an aligned, symmetrical bite.
Invisalign has several advantages over traditional metal braces:
- Because Invisalign is made from BPA-free plastic, they are virtually invisible.
- Invisalign is customized to fit your unique bite, making them comfortable to wear.
- You can remove Invisalign aligners to thoroughly clean them and for oral hygiene.
- Invisalign is metal-free, so you don't have to worry about wires or brackets detracting from your smile.
- Invisalign doesn't require as many dental appointments because your dentist doesn't need to tighten wires or make as many adjustments.
- You can remove your Invisalign clear aligners to enjoy your favorite meals with no dietary restrictions as you would with traditional braces.
Invisalign aligners have helped numerous teenagers and adults attain straighter teeth, and they may be able to help you too. If you want to learn if you are a good candidate for Invisalign, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Heday.
We look forward to helping you make your dream smile a stunning reality!